This, That and the Other
Sometimes a person needs to have a place to ramble on if they want to......or get some feedback or just chat........or all of the above.
The link at the top will take you to my more serious Digital blog......not that aging isn't serious......
I remember my mom saying that as she got older and wrinkled, Dad's eyesight got worse so she guessed it all evened out...............
About "youngsters".....wow, I never thought I would be a person who had to "watch out for 'younguns' while on a walk. I had a little girl come straight at me on her bike and wait too long to turn. I had to reach down and grab the handlebars to stop her from hitting me. AND bending is no longer that easy or quick for me to do. She just yelled to her mom who watched the whole thing "I am ok, I just twisted my ankle" and rode off on her bike. To a young mother, this might not seem like much, but be aware that older folks don't bounce......not with dignity nor do they repair as quickly......I have been hit by kids on bikes before and they seemed to blame me for being in their way on the sidewalk.......ahhh to be 50 again.........:=)

2 Comments:
those little kiddos! so unaware and in a hurry and so excited to be running around - they don't realize they make take out a sweet lil' ol lady in the process
hope you are OK and your reflexes must be sharp! you did catch the kiddo just in time!
Your story brings back memories of walking around with my father when he was elderly and kids figured they owned the sidewalks while riding their skateboards. They would come right at him and barely veer away in time to miss my dad. He never would have been able to avoid a collision and could have been seriously hurt. Little kiddos may not understand, but those old enough to ride skateboards should know better. I would just fume and come home and complain to my husband. There was no use talking to the kids who always managed to disappear around the nearest corner before I regained some sense of composure. Didn't there used to be a phrase which suggested that we ought to respect our elders? Oh my ... SIGH ... I hear your pain!
Post a Comment
<< Home