Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Shopping in the Sky...

My flight home from New Jersey was long and it was the one where I "slept" between the two older gentlemen so I did some inflight shopping...well I looked through the Sky Mall catalog page by page by page and found a couple of things that interested (I say interested because I can't remember how to spell intrigued...)me.

When I got home I looked up their website and ordered a handy dandy little cane/seat thingy that I figured would be nice to take with me to places when I must stand in long lines (like the ladies room at the Opera?) or perchance at CKU-Anaheim! Perhaps if I had had one of those last year for the AI finals in LA, I would not have fainted and would not have been sent home just before we were to get our tickets and I could have gone inside to cheer Diana on!! (But that's another blog).

Anyway, the package came and I just now opened it and tried out the seat (300 lb limit so I figured I was ok) and it's actually pretty cool. But now I can't close it back up!! There are no buttons or levers or instructions....I guess they figure anyone will know how to open and close a ....cane but for now I have given up and the open seat/cane is on top of my bed. I guess I will have to figure out how to close it before bedtime.

I will post the link for you in case any other scrappers of the more mature persuasion might be interested.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Thena, I had to use one of these when recovering from knee surgery. Mine had two buttons, one on either side of the seat, that had to be pushed simultaneously. I hope you figure it out, soon!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Bay in TN said...

ROFL -- standing in line at the ladies' room at the Opera -- I've done that!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm.... better read the next post before I order a cane chair, huh? ;)

--Bay

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home