A Page Ready for CK
Fit for CK
I created a scrapbook page
Working far into the night
Although it was a simple page
I desired it to be just right.
And once I completed it
And bound it in protector clear
My eyes glistened as I smiled at my work
And I shed a gentle tear.
For there was such a lovely child
In a page so simple yet so sweet
That I smiled and thought to myself
That I was a scrapper simple, yet unique.
And friends came by and saw my page
And more than once I heard them say
Once they saw my simple page
"You should send it to CK!"
But as I looked upon my page
My mind became unsteady
For although I loved my simple page
For CK it was not yet ready....
Perhaps I should add a tag or two
And perhaps Jolee is in order
To grace the lovely page on which
Was a photo of my darling daughter...
And perhaps I should add an eyelet
And one or two of the 7 gypsies as well
So that I would appear to be in the know
Of the trends that were going well...
And then I added a button with yarn
And some fiber and a buckle
Although to lift the page as of now
Was damaging to my knuckle...
At last I started off to mail my prize
With loving moisture drops in my eyes
When suddenly a gust of wind came up
And blew that page to a passing pup!
That pup grabbed that paper
And right before my eyes
Left piercing tooth marks
All through my prize!
I chased that pup and grabbed his tail
And the whole neighborhood
Could hear him wail
When I grabbed by the tail that naughty pup
And told him sternly to cough it up!
When he finally let go
That awful breeze began to blow
And even though away from that awful pup
It blew right into the path of a big MAC truck!
And that big ole truck
And a passing car
Rain over my page
Leaving prints of each tire!
Alas I cried and ran out to see
Just what was left for me to see
When before I could say "scat"
It was snatched up by a big ole cat!
That cat was sneaky and ran from me
Right up to the top of a nearby tree
And there it sat up so high
With a evil look from its one green eye....
Finally my energy began to fizzle
And I had to leave as it began to drizzle
So reluctantly I went away
Leaving my page up in the tree
As that evil cat starred after me.
As the rain came down and the leaves all blew
I could tell that my page they were sticking to
And the cats claw gave it a scratch so wide
That I could see the pop dots from the back side.
I felt despair and I felt dismay
And though it was really hard to say
I thought that never would I see
The page that meant so much to me.
When a few days later
(or maybe more)
A neighbor was standing
At my front door.
In her hand was plain to see
The page that was so dear to me
As I stared she began to speak
And told me that she just had to peek.
I love what you did and your style is so unique
It has the leaves of nature and yet the feel of the street.
It had holes punched seemingly so randomly
Yet in complex patterns, it's plain to see!
Your addition of leaves as if blown by the wind
Caused me to gasp again and again.
The way they are arranged is a masterpiece
Forming a lovely circle as if in a wreath.
The drops of moisture are such a stroke of art
Like tears from the eyes of a mother's heart
And the rips and tears so strategically on the page....
I tell you this will be the latest rage.
"I hope you don't mind that I took a look
Before you place it in your scrap book
For I truly think "(I heard her say)
"This one is ready for
CK!"
Thena

2 Comments:
Thena - I LOVE this - so funny and cute - and true I think sometimes!!! Lovely work - you really should share it with the pub...
So THAT's what it takes! LOLOL
Post a Comment
<< Home