Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What is another word for Thesaurus

Scrapbooking my View of Life

I finally realized how I can find my blog without going into a panic each time.......HISTORY! Isn't that cool that our computers remember where we've been, even when we don't! Now I need something like that for my car!

Anyway, I was thinking about how I was once the office thesaurus and people once came to me for writing helps and to find the perfect and daintily flowing words.......now I find that I have to look up thesaurus in the dictionary to see how to spell it! Also, I find myself using smaller and simpler words in a decreasing vocabulary. I have started playing PC Scrabble to try to improve my
verbal skills but some of those words are difficult to work into ordinary conversational writings...especially the words that begin with "x" and "q". I've learned to use "QUA" and "XU" and few other words when I get down to those last three tiles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Plateau Princess said...

..lol.. have you tried bookmarking it? ..that's what I had to do.. :p ..and my vocab seriously suffers if I haven't read a book in awhile--gotta force myself to read at least a couple trashy romances a year.. ;)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Rhonna said...

OH THENA...SOOO HAPPY I FOUND YOUR BLOG!;)

NOW, I'M LOL AT YOUR ENTRY...HA!
TRY TALKING TO CHILDREN EVERYDAY...SOMEHOW MY BRAIN HAS GONE TO MUSH WITH THE 'BIG WORDS'....LOL!

BUT, I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD, HUH?

K, SOOOO EXCITED TO KEEP UP ON YOUR LIFE, DEAR!

XOOX

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home